Festive Singing Rehearsal Notes
October 13, 2020 Rehearsal
Thank you for joining us for our first rehearsal! It was truly wonderful to see so many familiar faces, and welcome new members near and far! I realize that there was less singing than a typical choir rehearsal, but I hope it was still enriching. Below are some key takeaways from our time together.
- There is a typo in the music. The line “and ever mourn and day” should be “and ever mourn and say.”
- In the first verse, the sopranos and altos only sing from “O sisters too…” through “…for to preserve this day.” Tenors join them for “This poor youngling, for whom we do sing?” and basses join for “By, by, lul-ly, lul-lay.”
- On the third verse basses have the option to sing the G’s on “That”, “woe”, and “me” an octave down, as well as the very last note.
The Holly and the Ivy:
- We will be holding Zoom auditions during the first half of our rehearsal on October 27. Any voice part may audition. Please prepare the first solo, measures 3-10.
- We will likely be holding sectionals during one of our upcoming rehearsals. Stay tuned for more info!
- Practice tracks have been posted, these will be especially helpful if you prefer to learn your music by ear.